Manage episode 293308091 series 2137557
Become a patron of the show and help me make even more great episodes!
Donate by visiting www.patreon.com/trucepodcast
Christians throughout history have responded to politics in different ways. In our modern era, it can seem like Christianity and Republican politics are one and the same. But what do we do when the Bible clashes with our political party? What if our economic model leaves no room for the poor?
Author and theologian Kaitlyn Schiess joins us to talk about her book, "The Liturgy of Politics", as well as how we can heal as a church.
- How have you seen politics and Christianity mixing in the US?
- Is there are healthy way for Christians to engage in politics?
- How have your politics informed your ideas of the poor?
- Do you think that all poor people are lazy?
- How can your local church reach out to people who look/speak/act differently that you do?
- How have you see Kaitlyn's four false gospels play out in your life and church?
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices