Manage episode 264324394 series 2688310
Welcome to our 5rd episode. This is the second part of a two part series where go deep into the internals of Yugabyte with Karthik and Kannan. Yugabyte is a highly scalable and developer friendly open source distributed SQL database. Yugabyte is built by an Ex-Facebook team that wanted to bring what they learnt running one of the latest databases on the planet out into the open source world.
One thing I find really fascinating with Yugabyte is that they are fully compatible with Postgres, Redis and Apache Cassandra which makes it easy to replace a lot of infrastructure with just Yugabyte. Hope you enjoy the listen and remember to subscribe for many more of these deep technical discussions.
Our guests for this episode are:
- Kannan Muthukkaruppan, Founder & President, Product Dev. @ Yugabyte
- Karthik Ranganathan, Founder & CTO @ YugaByte
- Kudu: Storage for Fast Analytics on Fast Data - https://kudu.apache.org/kudu.pdf
- Under the Hood: Building and open-sourcing RocksDB - https://www.facebook.com/notes/facebook-engineering/under-the-hood-building-and-open-sourcing-rocksdb/10151822347683920/
- The Log-Structured Merge-Tree (LSM-Tree) - https://www.cs.umb.edu/~poneil/lsmtree.pdf
- Amazon Aurora: Design Considerations for High Throughput Cloud-Native Relational Databases - https://dl.acm.org/doi/epdf/10.1145/3035918.3056101