Manage episode 301262146 series 1334930
Airlines for America (A4A) is a leading voice in advocating for crucial measures and policies that promote safety, security and a thriving US airline industry. In this episode, Rebecca Spicer, Senior Vice President of Communications for A4A, joins us as we discuss commercial air service pandemic recovery and the actions airlines are taking to sustain and build their operations moving through the end of the year and into 2022. You’ll even take away a few travel tips to utilize during this ‘new’ travel experience.
Guests in this Episode
Rebecca Spicer was named Senior Vice President, Communications at Airlines for America (A4A), in June 2018. She is responsible for communications initiatives that execute key public relations strategies, help advance policy priorities and achieve advocacy objectives. In March 2020, she was named to PRWeek’s Hall of Femme, which recognizes women who are “leaders in the communications industry who challenge the status quo, move the needle in business and strive to make a difference.” Prior to joining A4A, Spicer worked for nearly 12 years at the National Beer Wholesalers Association, where she most recently served as Senior Vice President, Communications & Public Affairs. Additionally, Spicer served in the George W. Bush White House as associate director of communications, where she produced televised presidential events. Earlier, she worked as a television producer at stations across the country, including six years at WJLA in Washington, D.C., where she produced the award-winning six p.m. newscast, in addition to stations in Houston, Texas; New Haven, Conn.; and Birmingham, Ala.; as well as CNN in Atlanta, Ga. A native of Nashville, Tenn., Spicer holds degrees from the University of the South in Sewanee, Tenn., and Indiana University in Bloomington, Ind. She serves on the Board of the National Council for Adoption and on the Advisory Council of the Salvation Army National Capital Region. Photo and Bio Credit: Airlines for America
Mentioned in this Episode
- Airlines for America’s website: airlines.org
- A4A’s motto: ‘We Connect the World.‘
- Harvard’s ‘Curb-to-Curb Travel Through Airports’ study
- Summer 2021: passenger traffic down approximately 20% compared to 2019 passenger levels
- Airlines (and airports) are moving towards touchless travel.
- Pro tip: Download your airline’s mobile app!
- Airline Sustainability
- A4A’: Fly Healthy, Fly Smart
- Only state to add flights during the pandemic? Montana!
- Travel tips:
- Give yourself extra time to get to the airport.
- Don’t be surprised by airport construction.
- Pack a snack and empty water bottle. Concessionaires are operating with limited hours.
- Don’t forget your mask!
Music in this Episode
- Birdy by KV https://soundcloud.com/kvmusicprod
- Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0
- Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/dSCbsObNJo0
The post Airline Pandemic Progress: From Rescue to Recovery appeared first on From the Runway Up.