Manage episode 306768784 series 3005070
Tobi Lutke and Brian Armstrong re-popularized the notion of companies as described as "families" or "high performance sports teams." This impacts 1. employee performance expectations, 2. how to deal with discussions of social issues at the workplace, and 3. dissociating personal vs. professional lives.
Let's have a nuanced discussion with a strong cross-section of key people from the games industry.
- Eden Chen, CEO Pragma.gg:
- Drew Levin, Lead PM Zynga
- Chong Ahn, Head of PM EA
- Ken Landen, Sr. PM Blizzard
- Initial Netflix Culture document (this seems to be the original popularization of the team-focus theme)
- Tobi Lutke: We are not a family
- Brian Armstrong: Mission focused company--- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/gamemakers/message