Manage episode 289165789 series 2135834
The first CentOS clone is out, but it's the second part of their announcement that might be the most important.
Plus our reaction to SCO reigniting their decades-long fight with IBM and Red Hat, and the big news in GTK-land you might have missed.
- Linode: Sign up using the link on this page and receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account.
- Ting: Save $25 off your first device, or $25 in service credit if you bring one!
- AlmaLinux Now Available For Download As RHEL/CentOS Alternative — As scheduled, AlmaLinux's initial release is available for download today from AlmaLinux.org. This initial AlmaLinux release is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.3 sources.
- AlmaLinux OS on GitHub
- AlmaLinux Repo
- AlmaLinux Wiki
- Shop Almalinux
- CloudLinux Launches AlmaLinux, CentOS Linux clone
- How to migrate CentOS to AlmaLinux and avoid downtime in your data center
- AlmaLinux OS Homepage
- IBM, Red Hat face copyright, antitrust lawsuit from SCO Group successor Xinuos — Xinuos' lawsuit contends that IBM stole UnixWare and OpenServer code and incorporated it into the heart of its AIX, z/OS mainframe, and its midrange server operating systems.
- SCO vs. IBM looks like it’s over for good
- SCO slapped in latest round of eternal ‘Who owns UNIX?’ lawsuit
- Judge spanks SCO in ancient ownership of Unix lawsuit
- SCO vs. IBM battle resumes over ownership of Unix
- SCO keeps dying, and dying, and dying
- SCO trading suspended in US
- Xinuos sues IBM
- SCO Linux FUD returns from the dead
- Xinuos file suit against Red Hat and IBM
- Canonical releases Ubuntu on Windows Preview with early builds, new tools for the brave — The setup is more user-friendly thanks to the Subiquity installer, and a utility called ubuntuwsl.
- Announcing Ubuntu on Windows Community Preview
- Super Sneaky Ubuntu Link
- NVIDIA Proposes Mesa Patches To Support Alternative GBM Back-Ends — It looks like NVIDIA is finally taking the GBM route for supporting Wayland compositors with their proprietary driver...
- Mesa GitLab WIP Merge request — GBM alternate backend discovery and loading
- Introducing Libadwaita — This new libadwaita library intends to extend that concept by being the missing code part of Adwaita. and will be implemented as a direct GTK 4 continuation and replacement of libhandy.
- OBS Studio Now Ready With Wayland Capture Support — Well-known GNOME developer Georges Stavracas has been working on allowing good and native Wayland support for OBS Studio with the last of that work being merged upstream today.
- OBS Studio on Wayland – Georges Stavracas
- Arch Linux Packages - archinstall 2.1.3-1
- Arch Linux installer GitHub