Manage episode 279410113 series 1033880
I hope you enjoyed your week after the thanksgiving holiday. I took the week off llast week and perhaps you noticed there was no new episode for you to listen to last week. Perhaps, not. If you did look for something, I hope you went back and gave a listen to something you might have missed. I truly believe this has been a terrific year for new music. In what could have been a truly horrible year (keep reading) the music that is coming out now is pretty freakin’ awesome. Although it would appear that we do not have much to be thankful for this year, your perspective on what has happened this past year as we approach the end of 2020 is truly important. I am truly blessed and thankful I am still here, my family is safe and we are still earning a living. These are simple graces for a difficult year. I am saddened by the horrific loss of life that truly was preventable. There is plenty of blame to go around but that is not the point of this missive.
During Thanksgiving and this Christmas season, I think it is important to reflect upon, and be thankful for, the bounty we still have, individually and as a nation. We are still moving forward making progress on both COVID and the economy will rebound once we have progress against COVID and for those of us who are still battling COVID-19 and a former President of the U.S. I truly am hopeful that we are shortly going to emerge from the tunnel of chaos and death. I am also tremendously thankful to those who fought and are continuing to fight the COVID battle on the front lines including those retail workers, nurses, doctors, scientists, and all those who must risk contracting the virus each day as they perform a variety of tasks necessary for all of us to directly and indirectly survive. My thanks giving this year is truly for them.
I’m not sure where to begin with this weeks episode of Tales From the Drop Box. I was feeling somewhat contemplative as I selected tracks this week, so there is a more mellow vibe even though several of the tracks I think are absolute bangers. A few old favorites pop up this week with King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard making an appearance, along with Elvis Costello, Pale Honey, The Kooks and Seahaven.
Here is what you will find in Episode 187 (2020-35):
- Doghouse Rose – “Try x 3” (The Harder They Fall)
- Baio – “What Do You Say When I’m Not There? (Single – Digital)
- Pale Honey – “Bad Thing” (Some Time Alone)
- Bad Nerves – “Terminal Boy” (Bad Nerves)
- King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard – “I’m In Your Mind Fuzz” (Live In San Francisco ’16)
- The Bats – “Field Of Vision” (Foothills)
- BRKN Love – “I Can’t Lie” (BRKN Love)
- The Brummies – “Automatic World” (Automatic World)
- Deeper – “This Heat” (Auto-Pain)
- The Flat Five – “Girl Of Virginia” (Another World)
- The Kooks – “In Love” (Too Much Is Not Enough)
- Seahaven – “Lose” (Halo Of Hurt)
- Jam City – “They Eat The Young” (Pillowland)
- Elvis Costello – “Secret Service” (The Complete Armed Forces (Super Deluxe Edition))
- Lydia – “Back Of Your Room” (I Was Someone Else)
You came in hot and I could not believe you know I’m super sensitive and eager to please it’s true I’m such a misty-eyed fool . . . black cards so cold, out of control you like it the truth, it hurts, your blood it burns you like it …