Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on January 17, 2022 14:18 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 284430997 series 2772390
Mayor LaToya Cantrell is certainly no stranger to community work. In fact, it's the backbone to her entire professional and political career. In this spectacular interview, Mayor Cantrell shows just why she connects so well with the public as her usual sharp wit, humor, intelligence and passion are on full display. She digs deep into topics such as her family origins and influence, how she came to fall in love with the city of New Orleans, on the difficult decisions she has made and faces during the pandemic, where her unending confidence comes from, and much more.
- On the fans making some noise at recent home games
- The special community that makes up N.O.
- What was it about the city that connected with her when she moved there
- When was the first time she ever came to N.O.
- Did she ever suspect back then that she would come to represent the city
- How difficult was it to shut down the bars for Mardi Gras
- Handling the backlash of this decision
- Once the virus is under control, how do you get N.O. back to normal
- On her journey and the role her family played throughout her life
- Where her confidence comes from
- Did the Church play a role in her approach with the public
- Life in N.O. before and after Hurricane Katrina
- What does it take to be a good community organizer
- Where can she do her 'best good' within her role as mayor
- On protecting the city's brand in dealing the film industry
- What was her motivation to step into the political ring
- What advice does she have to someone who wants to give back to their community
- Has her view of 'service' changed or evolved over the years
- If the reward isn't financial, what keeps her going through criticism and crisis
- In order to help, service has to be intimate
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices