Manage episode 298168658 series 2360079
Jesus was a Jew. But has Christianity become divorced from its Jewish roots? How should we understand the shared story and differences of these two great religious traditions? Journalist-priest Rev Giles Fraser who has been on a journey to rediscover his Jewish roots, interacts with Jewish scholar Prof Amy-Jill Levine, who has written extensively on the Jesus and Judaism. For bonus content, updates and more shows sign up at http://www.thebigconversation.show Take our survey! https://unbelievable.memberstar.club/page/60f7107b74743d67c0628bd0/pXyVu For Giles Fraser: https://www.penguin.co.uk/books/213/213476/chosen/9780241003268.html For Amy-Jill Levine: https://divinity.vanderbilt.edu/people/bio/amy-jill-levine The Big Conversation is a video series from Unbelievable? featuring world-class thinkers across the religious and non-religious community. Exploring science, faith, philosophy and what it means to be human. The Big Conversation is produced by Premier in partnership with John Templeton Foundation.
• For exclusive resources and to support us: USA http://www.premierinsight.org/unbelievableshow
• Rest of the World: https://resources.premier.org.uk/supportunbelievable
• For our regular Newsletter https://www.premier.org.uk/Unbelievablenewsletter
• For more faith debates: http://www.premierchristianradio.com/Shows/Saturday/Unbelievable
• Facebook https://www.facebook.com/UnbelievableJB
• Twitter https://twitter.com/unbelievablejb