Manage episode 328728164 series 3165015
E-commerce (electronic commerce) is the buying and selling of goods and services, or the transmitting of funds or data, over an electronic network, primarily the internet. These business transactions occur either as business-to-business (B2B), business-to-consumer (B2C), consumer-to-consumer or consumer-to-business. Within B2C sales we also find the DTC, direct-to-consumer, segment. But, does the word E-commerce make sense?
Today, e-commerce is about
- strengthening brands for a segment,
- collecting and using data,
- redefining what valuable role stores play,
- going downstream in the Customer Experience (CX) as much as possible,
- using all the rest of online distribution as an ongoing tactic, to have a broad brand coverage.
Let's discuss the first part of what's important for a wine business nowadays, direct to consumer selling and marketing...