#36 How Experiential Sex Coaching Can Revolutionize Your Sex Life & Relationship aka Somatica with Danielle Harel and Celeste Hirschman
Manage episode 227954738 series 2409279
Today on the podcast we are joined by Danielle Harel, Ph.D and Celeste Hirschman. They are the cofounders of the Somatica Institute of Sex and Relationship Coaching.
Danielle Harel received her Ph.D. and Doctorate degree in Human Sexuality from The Institute for the Advanced Study of Human Sexuality in San Francisco. She has a graduate degree in Clinical Social Work and a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology and Educational Counseling. Celeste Hirschman received her Master’s Degree in Human Sexuality Studies from San Francisco State University and her Bachelor’s Degree in Women’s Studies at the University of California at Santa Cruz.
In their teaching, Danielle and Celeste connect with unconditional love, erotic energy, and presence to help their students and clients deepen their insight on self-awareness. They’ve also coauthored the books Making Love Real and Cockfidence, and this episode they share more about the importance of vulnerability and empathy in relationships, and how to be more mindful in your sex life. We also dive into ways to work through shame and fully embrace your sexual desires and fantasies without feeling judged. For an incredibly insightful conversation, be sure to tune in to today’s episode!
Key Points From This Episode
- The story of how Danielle and Celeste met, and founded the Somatic Institute.
- Somatica: an experiential approach to sexuality and relationships.
- Importance of vulnerability for having a good sex life.
- Most common reasons why we often struggle to be vulnerable with our partners.
- How mindfulness plays a role in having better sex.
- Advice for couples who want to develop mindfulness.
- Learning to have embodied empathy when it comes to your relationship.
- Understanding how to process shame and embrace your sexuality.
- Key elements of a healthy relationship: attachment and individuation.
“The more that we can be vulnerable about our deepest desires and longings, the more that we can give each other the most hot, fulfilling sex.” — Celeste Hirschman [0:08:32]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode
Danielle Harel — https://www.celesteanddanielle.com/about-danielle/
Celeste Hirschman — https://www.celesteanddanielle.com/about-celeste/
Website — https://www.celesteanddanielle.com/
Somatica Institute of Sex and Relationship Coaching — https://www.somaticainstitute.com/
Making Love Real — https://www.amazon.com/Making-Love-Real-Intelligent-Intimacy/dp/0692525483