Manage episode 270573216 series 2782020
In this episode I chat with stand-up comedian, Richard Brown! https://twitter.com/RichieJBrown
- 02:30 - Memories of Richard’s first ever stand-up gig
- 04:50 - Stage fright
- 06:30 - How long does it take to write a bit?
- 07:40 - Is there is such a thing as a general audience?
- 10:00 - Scripted or unscripted?
- 11:15 - Describe your act
- 13:35 - The Edinburgh Fringe
- 14:20 - Writing next year’s show
- 17:55 - How do you write a joke?
- 22:50 - Has your approaching to writing changed over the years?
- 24:40 - Reviews
- 27:10 - How to put on your first Fringe show
- 28:40 - The Comedy Underground - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00073gl
- 32:20 - Being on TV
- 36:00 - Dealing with hecklers
- 37:50 - What do you do before going onstage?
- 39:00 - Comedy that offends
- 40:50 - How do I become funnier?
Please support The John Crinan Podcast at https://www.patreon.com/johncrinan.