Manage episode 347386196 series 2296146
By: Dr. Brian Chilton and Curtis Evelo | November 10, 2022
Our series on pneumatology concludes with an examination of the anointing and indwelling of the Holy Spirit. We will look at several issues regarding the baptism of the Holy Spirit, when the Holy Spirit is received, and whether the Spirit remains on the believer for his or her life.
- What do we mean by the anointing of the Holy Spirit?
- What do we mean by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit?
- What is the baptism by fire, or baptism of the Holy Spirit, that Jesus addresses, and how do we receive the Holy Spirit? (Listener question)
- Does the Spirit continue to dwell in believers or is it temporary?
- Does the Spirit continue to dwell within us when we struggle with our spiritual life or even if we were to sin?
- Does the Spirit offer himself to everyone or just a few people?
- What does the presence of the Holy Spirit say about our relationship with God in his ministry of his sealing ministry?
- Does the Holy Spirit leave us when we die?
- We decided not to have a podcast on the history and heresies of the Holy Spirit. But can you briefly discuss those who were influential in defending the divine nature of the Holy Spirit? (Basil of Caesarea was huge in this area!)
About our Hosts
Brian G. Chilton earned his Doctor of Philosophy in the Theology and Apologetics program at Liberty University. He is the host of The Bellator Christi Podcast and the founder of Bellator Christi. Brian received his Master of Divinity in Theology from Liberty University (with high distinction); his Bachelor of Science in Religious Studies and Philosophy from Gardner-Webb University (with honors); earned a Certificate in Christian Apologetics from Biola University, and plans to purse philosophical studies in the near future. He is also enrolled in Clinical Pastoral Education to better learn how to empower those around him. Brian is a member of the Evangelical Theological Society and the Evangelical Philosophical Society.
Brian has served in pastoral ministry for nearly 20 years and currently serves as a clinical hospice chaplain and serves as an interim pastor in northwestern North Carolina. Additionally, he serves as an editor for the Eleutheria Journal. At the prompting of the Lord, Brian established Bellator Christi Ministries in 2012. The ministry is aimed to provide readily available resources in theology, apologetics, biblical studies, and philosophy to those who want to know what Christianity teaches and why it should be believed. In 2019, Brian published his first book entitled the Layman’s Manual on Christian Apologetics. After finishing his Ph.D., Brian intends to publish more books. His areas of expertise include early Christology, early NT creeds, near-death experiences, biblical reliability, the blend of divine sovereignty and human freedom, and the need for empathy.
Curtis Evelo is a cattle rancher at the E6 Hereford Ranch in St. Ignatius, Montana. Curtis is the Co-Host and Producer of the Bellator Christi Podcast. He often teaches and speaks at his church Cornerstone Faith Center in St. Ignatius. Curtis provides a common-sense approach to Christianity as he contemplates the wonders of God’s creation in Big Sky Country. Curtis serves as the Vice-President of Bellator Christi Ministries, a contributor, and the co-host of the Bellator Christi Podcast. His research interests include Jewish studies in the New Testament, Old Testament typologies, and studies on free will.
Copyright, 2022. BellatorChristi.com.
The post (S6E8) The Anointing and Indwelling of the Holy Spirit appeared first on Bellator Christi.