Manage episode 280732308 series 2695480
In this episode, Stephen muses about the Christmas in the Trenches during WW1 and what it can tell us about kindness, affection, and true brotherhood.
- The Christmas in the Trenches
- The nature of enemies and rivals.
- Is it possible for us to be everyone's friend?
- Should we try to be everyone's friend?
- A redux of the kindness vs. niceness debate.
- Self-respect and justice towards self.
- The damaging push towards inclusion at the expense of exclusivity.
- The dilution of friendship through false affection.
What do you think? Do you agree with Stephen's assessment? Send us your thoughts via Twitter or on our website.
Please like, subscribe, and leave a rating and review. Be honest - this feedback is crucial to helping us improve the quality of our show and reach like-minded men across the globe. Also, check out our website at vitalmasculinity.org and apply to join our active Discord chat group which you can do by signing up for our newsletter. You can also contact us via email or Twitter (links are on our website). We look forward to continuing the conversation with you.--- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/vitalmasculinity/support