Manage episode 377090402 series 3291452
How to Mend a Broken Work Relationship
In this podcast, we discuss how to mend a broken work relationship.
We cover 8 steps that you can take to repair a damaged relationship, including:
- Reflect on your own contribution to the conflict.
- Understand the other person's perspective.
- Take responsibility for your actions and apologize sincerely if necessary.
- Rebuild trust by being consistent in your words and actions.
- Find common ground with the other person.
- Communicate effectively with the other person.
- Seek mediation if needed.
- Greet the other person as if for the first time.
We also discuss the importance of being willing to forgive and forget, and the importance of maintaining a positive attitude throughout the repair process.
Here are some additional tips for mending a broken work relationship:
- Be patient. It takes time to rebuild trust and repair a damaged relationship.
- Be persistent. Don't give up if you don't see results immediately.
- Be willing to compromise. Both people need to be willing to make some concessions in order to repair the relationship.
- Be willing to forgive. Forgiveness is essential for moving on from the conflict.
If you're struggling to mend a broken work relationship, don't hesitate to seek professional help. A mediator or therapist can help you to communicate effectively and resolve the conflict in a constructive way. I have helped to mediate and mend many a work relationship! Reach out.Support the show
Learn more about your host Prina Shah and the Ways to Change the Workplace Movement!
- Work with Prina - email her!
- Subscribe to Prina’s monthly-ish newsletter.
- Help yourself to free stuff!
- Connect with Prina!
- Buy Prina a coffee (tea actually) to keep her going!
Prina (Helping you find GREAT ways to change your workplace) Shah